Saturday, October 16, 2010

Disneyland Hotel 1987

In my book Disneyland Hotel: The Early Years 1954-1988, I admit, I covered very little on the Disneyland Hotel in the later 70's to the 1980's. I just did not have that much information to use or share. Different story now. I have tons more to add from the 70's as well as the 80's and for that matter, for all years. Now I just lack time to put it all together....but if I could, I would have the definitive work on the Disneyland Hotel. I am working on it though, slowly but surely.

In the mean time, here are some picture ads from Disneyland Hotel establishments circa 1987.

Caffe Villa Verde

El Vaquero
  The Pavilion

California Wine Cellar

I don't ever remember personally going into any of these establishments however, for the Hotel's 55th anniversary celebration held on October 5, 2010, we presented at the Pavilion which is now called the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion. Here are some pictures from that event:

This was a poster created for the event. Wish I could have gotten one of these!

This was the cake designed for the event.
 If you haven't seen "World of Color", I highly recommend that you do. It was absolutely wonderful!

Please visit our website and help keep these pictures coming by purchasing our book: http://www.magicalhotel.com/


1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I have to admit that, like Disneyland itself, I find the earlier history of the Hotel to be the most interesting. How could it not be? From its humble beginnings to the addition of the Monorail, and so on. It's the time I wish I could have stayed there too!